Monday, November 3, 2008

The Big 30!


Well, we had a "surprise" birthday party for me this weekend, as my 30th birthday is coming up (November 8th). I put surprise in quotation marks because I knew it was coming. Ever since we got my brother Ken on his 30th, I knew the same would hold for me.

They actually had a better cover story for this party because Taylor, my youngest niece, has a birthday a few days before mine (Happy Birthday, Tay!). So, her party was the real reason everyone gathered this weekend.

I was actually surprised about what the theme of my party was gonna be. I figured it would be the same old "Over the Hill" stuff, but I was pleasantly shocked when I saw this:That is an old-school Georgia Tech logo from the 1950's.

It was a good day to be a Tech fan, too, with the Wreck squeaking out a much-needed victory over Florida State, putting us back in the top-25, and back into the lead for the ACC Coastal. Of course, we still need Virginia and Virginia Tech to lose another game, and we really need to win out (or at least win our remaining ACC games) to fully take advantage.

Thanks to Jessica, Mom, Dad, Ken, Terri, Kerry, Emily, Cami, and especially Taylor for the party (Taylor -- Thanks for sharing your party with me!).

No comments: