Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech....

Well, you know the rest.

Tech opened their season last night, and what a fine open it was. Destroying Ryan Perrilloux and the Jax State Game Cocks 41-14. Of course, it was only Jax State. Next week, we've got Boston College, a much tougher opponent. We'll see if the Yellow Jackets can build on this game and take it to the Eagles. Should be a real good test.

And what about the Braves? Well, they have been stinking it up lately, but Jeff Francoeur has started to hit a little bit better, and Brian McCann had a huge 3-run homer last night to lead the Bravos past the fish, 4-2. Hopefully Chipper can hang on and win the batting title (which would be his first, at age 36). He leads Albert Pujols by 2 points, .359-.357. Gonna be a tight race from here on out, you can bet.

Just because I can, here is one of my favorite pictures of Zachary. I think I might post it after every Tech win this year.


~E~

1 comment: